Sunday, March 29, 2009

Biodata (Post #6)

I am a third year undergraduate majoring in Applied Mathematics in Faculty of Science at the National University of Singapore. I aspire to work in the financial sector or field of statistics.

During my internship stint at the Technology Department of Singapore Civil Defence Force Headquarters under the Civil Service Internship Programme 2008, I had gained invaluable experiences of communicating with targeted users to understand their needs and working as a team with my fellow colleagues. It is a great challenge to work on an IT project, which is not my area of expertise, but I had learnt a lot through overcoming obstacles along the way. I had also picked up useful IT skills such as Dreamweaver and Java programming.

In addition, I had worked in the debit card operations department of OCBC Bank as an administrative officer during the vacation in 2007. As the position demands careful processing of applications, it has trained me to be a meticulous person and take responsibility for the work assigned.

I enjoy doing community service and had participated in some visits to the elderly living in Jalan Bukit Merah organized by NUS Lion Befrienders Club. Other than chatting with the elderly and be fascinated with their stories, we also celebrated festivals such as Chinese New Year and Mid Autumn Festival with them through the activities organized. It is really a meaningful experience and I had won the star blogger award for one of my blog entry (http://lbontheblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/0708-lb-star-blogger-is.html ). I had also given tuition to needy primary school students at Serangoon Moral Family Centre when I was in junior college.

After working with the less privileged, I have learnt to appreciate what I have and work harder to improve my skills so as to contribute to the society in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment